Meet the people who are making the world a better place
1. Malala Yousafzai – A Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate.
2. Bono – An Irish singer, philanthropist and campaigner for causes such as debt relief, HIV/AIDS treatment, and poverty alleviation.
3. Greta Thunberg – A Swedish environmental activist, known for her leading role in the school strikes for climate change.
4. Jane Goodall – A primatologist, ethologist, anthropologist and UN Messenger of Peace, best known for her long-term study of chimpanzee social and family life.
5. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. – An American lawyer, environmental activist, and advocate of a green economy to combat climate change.
6. Wangari Maathai – A Kenyan environmental and political activist and the first African woman to win a Nobel Peace Prize.
7. Muhammed Yunus – A Bangladeshi economist, banker, social entrepreneur and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, he founded the Grameen Bank in 1976 to provide microcredit to the rural poor.
8. Oprah Winfrey – An American media executive, television host, actress, producer, and philanthropist and one of the wealthiest African Americans. She has donated millions of dollars to various charities.
9. Bill Gates – An American businessman, investor, author, and philanthropist. He and his wife, Melinda launched the Giving Pledge in 2010, a commitment for wealthy individuals to give away a majority of their wealth to charity.
10. Kailash Satyarthi – An Indian children’s rights and education advocate and Nobel Peace Prize laureate and the founder of the Bachpan Bachao Andolan.